Freitag, 28. Juli 2017

Friday Five and water





Good morning,
again a week is flying over and it's time to join in




I

I often complain, that we have such little water in our area.
And I'm dreaming to spend my summertime somewere by lakes and rivers,
relaxing at a beach...

In this week we got lakes and rivers.
A lot of rain... and our creek begun to toss...






II

A 10 years old girl is drowned, an older woman is still missing.
And some cats. My cat, fortunately, is here.





III

Many helpers were busy around the clock...



The whole night they were fishing branches, trees and other stuff out of the water.
These photos are only from the beginning,
 later most streets were blocked and bridges flooded...






IV
Let's go to another subject: books,
 which I was reading in last time.
 There's a famous graphic nouvel "The Night Bookmobile" (original in English)
and a heartbreaking story about the alldays life of a very unique family.
Have searched, but it isn't translated from German to another languages. 
Reminds me a little of "The Lonely Polygamist" by Brady Udall





V

At last water from it's beautiful side.





Have a dry and sunny weekend

10 Kommentare:

  1. ...too much of a good thing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. sorry about all that rain...so sad to read about the little girl and the missing woman. i am glad you and your cat are safe! thank you for linking mascha and have a great weekend :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What an adventure! Your town turned into a waterway . . . golly.
    I hope there are not repeat performances . . .
    wowzer - that is a lovely poppy.
    love & love to you,
    -g-

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh Mascha, how awful! In Tucson we had monsoon rains each summer, with rushing flooding down the dry washes that often took lives. This year I heard a family of 9 were killed in Sabino Canyon from the flooding. So so sad!!!! Loved your rain-kissed flower photo and the foliage. Thank you for linking me in to Tanya. I actually am able to finally do it again! I hope I don't have any more issues, but I will let you know if I do. THANK you so much for helping me out. I really have appreciated it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hoping your rain stops and the waters clear up. Your photos are beautiful, but heartbreaking.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. What a lot of rain! Here in Cornwall there have also bern floods. The weather is so changeable, one week boiling the next really wet. Let's hope it gets better forvyou.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I don't feel quite right saying what wonderful photos (although they are very good photos) knowing the heartbreak lurking behind the flooding. I'm glad you and your family remained safe.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Impressive photos of the flood and flowers. Sad news but glad you're ok.
    Cathy x

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Unbelievable, a flood in summer!Sad that the girl drowned, but hope everyone is safe now, including animals. Stunning poppy, Mascha! Hope coming week things will get back normal for everyone in your town.Thank you much from All Seasons for sharing the flood situation! Stay safe, dear Mascha!

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich sehr über Dein Interesse und Deinen Kommentar.

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung ( Klick auf den entsprechenden Button unter meinem Header ) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de

Danke dasz Du das alles jetzt gelesen hast :)